From Humble Beginnings...

The school began its history when the Provincial of the Augustinians, Fr Tom Hunt OSA, accepted the challenge to build a school on a vacant block of land in the heart of Brookvale. On 7 February 1956, the College opened its doors to its first students. Fr David Brimson OSA, and along with Fr Joseph (Steve) Moran OSA taught sixty-five young boys in a temporary classroom in the church.

Meanwhile, work continued on the main building of the College, and on 1 April 1956, Cardinal Gilroy laid the foundation stone of the new school. In the last few weeks of the year, two classes were able to move into the completed building, with students by then numbering seventy-five. Today the school has grown to a student population of approximately 1,100 boys, who are educated in a community Catholic environment.