Murray-Banner.png 

James Murray was widely recognised as a man of vast learning and was renowned for his excellent homilies. He served in the Catholic communities of Northern Queensland and Victoria. The symbol of Murray House is the Book. This representation reminds us that Murray believed in the importance of education. As well as developing his personal academic talents, he worked in the diocese of Cooktown to establish an education system for the young people.

Staff and students are involved in fundraising, volunteering and raising awareness for their chosen charity - Beyond Blue | www.beyondblue.org.au

 

Crane-Banner.png 

Martin Crane OSA was the First Bishop of Bendigo, Victoria. His focus was building communities, churches, and schools. He believed in Catholic education and argued with the Government about this. He was honest, straightforward, devoid of jealousy, and unconcerned about his own welfare. The symbol of the Crane house is the Cross, it reminds us to carry on despite adversity. In Crane’s later years, he went blind; however, he did not let a handicap interfere with his work. He continued his mission with great courage, commitment and perseverance.


Staff and students are involved in fundraising, volunteering and raising awareness for their chosen charity - Sunnyfield | www.sunnyfield.org.au

 

 

Reville-Banner.png 

Stephen Reville was a distant nephew of Bishop Crane and travelled to Australia because of his deep interest in missionary work. He became Crane’s assistant when he went blind. Reville was a tireless worker who exemplified the Augustinian value of friendship and service, and because of this was respected by the whole community. The symbol of Reville House is the Shepherd’s Crook. This representation reminds us that Reville was a true shepherd of his people. He offered them friendship and guidance and was there for them when they were in need.

Staff and students are involved in fundraising, volunteering and raising awareness for their chosen charity - St Vincent de Paul |www.vinnies.org.au 

 

 

Goold-Banner.png 

James Goold is remembered as the person largely responsible for the establishment of the Catholic community in Melbourne. As leader he worked tirelessly in his service to the people and even travelling back to Ireland seeking more priests to help with the work. The symbol for Goold House is the Mitre. It reminds us of the strong leadership of James Goold whose goal was to establish an Augustinian community that offered friendship and care to all.

Staff and students are involved in fundraising, volunteering and raising awareness for their chosen charity - White Ribbon | www.whiteribbon.org.au

 

 

Heavey-Banner.png

John Heavey OSA, was the youngest and the last of the six Augustinian bishops in Australia. He was responsible for the Church in Far North Queensland and appointed the first Bishop of Cairns (1914 – 1948). Heavey was the only one of the six bishops to have been a teacher in an Augustinian school, in the town of New Ross at Good Counsel College, which still exists.

Staff and students are involved in fundraising, volunteering and raising awareness for their chosen charity - Rotary | www.rotary.org.au

 

 

Hutchinson-Banner.png 

John Hutchinson OSA, along with James Murray and William O’Bryrne, were the first of many Augustinians who ministered in the area of Far North Queensland, which would later become the Diocese of Cairns. Their ministry was initially centred in Cooktown and was the first commitment of the Order as such to Australia. He was the first Vicar Apostolic of the region.

Staff and students are involved in fundraising, volunteering and raising awareness for their chosen charity - Northern Cancer Institute | www.northerncancerinstitute.com.au