Weekly Training:

Seniors and Juniors conduct water session at Mosman Rowing Club shed at the Spit and land training at the school. The training volume depends on the squad.

Seniors

  • (5-6 sessions): 3-4 times on the water meeting at 5:15AM at the MRC sheds. Saturdays at 7AM (when we don’t race).
  • 1-2 weight sessions at school OR 1-2 self directed x-training sessions.

Year 9 Squad

  • (3-4 sessions) row 3 times on the water meeting at 5:15AM at the MRC sheds.
  • 1 land training session at the school in the afternoon.

Year 8 Squad

  • (3 sessions) row 2 times on the water in the afternoon meeting at 4:15PM at the MRC sheds.
  • 1 land training session at the school in the afternoon.

A draft weekly training schedule can be found in the 'Rowing Handbook' in the document section.

Depending on the shape of our overall squad we will organize dedicated novices sessions to accelerate the learning.

 “90% of the rowing technique can be learnt quickly, the remaining 10% takes a lifetime.”

St Augustine’s Yr 8 Quad getting ready to race