History

From Humble Beginnings...

The school began its history when the Provincial of the Augustinians, Fr Tom Hunt OSA, accepted the challenge to build a school on a vacant block of land in the heart of Brookvale, on the beautiful northern beaches of Sydney. On 7 February 1956, the College opened its doors to its first students. Fr David Brimson OSA, and along with Fr Joseph (Steve) Moran OSA taught 65 young boys in a temporary classroom in the church.

Meanwhile, work continued on the main building of the College, and on 1 April 1956, Cardinal Gilroy laid the foundation stone of the new St Augustine’s College. In the last few weeks of the year, two classes were able to move into the completed building, with students by then numbering 75. 

Today, we have grown to a student population of approximately 1,300 boys, who are educated in a Catholic environment and continue to be taught the Augustinian values of ‘Truth, Love and Community’. As each boy proudly departs at the end of his schooling, like all his fellow students before him, he is a well-educated and well-rounded Augustinian graduate, belonging to a global community of over 400 schools, universities and churches.

tourCreated with Sketch Beta. Book a Tour enrolCreated with Sketch Beta. Enrol Now userCreated with Sketch Beta. Contact Us